My Blog List

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sally Beauty Supply Haul

Hey doll faces! Today I have my latest haul from Sally Beauty Supply. I normally don't find myself pining for mainstream polishes anymore, but since Sally is having a big sale ( buy 2 get one on all polishes, and bogo on the clearance polishes) I figured I'd pick some up while I was refilling my cotton ball stash. Let's get to it!
This is actually my first Nina Ultra Pro, and unfortunately may be my last. While I am a fan of the color, I am not fond of the brush at all.
This is Violet It Ride: this Polish dries to a matte finish, and while it is the perfect color for summer the extremely wide brush leaves visible brush strokes.
This is with a quick dry top coat.

Next up we have OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? This Polish is a beautiful melon hue, but damn it if I couldn't get it to photograph true to color. It's slightly streaky on the first coat, but evens out on the second. Forgive my little teeny bubble, I tend to swatch with a peel off latex base, and that bubbled on me :(
Last up, we have China Glaze Dance Baby. I really like this one...like a lot. Why it'd be on clearance is beyond me, but my wallet appreciated that. It's a bubblegum pink, that builds up quite easily. It's the perfect Spring color.

So, what'd ya think? Which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad that the Nina formula and brush were blah cause the color is a knockout. I don't buy mainstreams hardly ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brush is SO wide! With more narrow nails, it's so hard to go slow enough as not to flood your cuticles.

    ReplyDelete