My Blog List

Monday, March 14, 2016

China Glaze: Sun Upon My Skin


Hey lacquer lovers!

Today I'll be talking about China Glaze: Sun Upon My Skin. This is probably the most difficult polish I've ever had the misfortune of wearing.

I originally bought this polish for the #31dc2016weekly prompt for "yellow nails". This challenge is taking place on Instagram, with tons of people participating.

Onto the polish...

The formula was terrbile!! It streaked and pooled, no matter how thinly I tried to apply the coats. After applying my top coat, the polish got these weird dips and smudges in it.

The color is reminiscent of egg yolks, not pretty organic eggs either...the yuck kind! I didn't even want to post this, but everyone has a major fail once in a while.

I have another post coming on Saturday, with the yellow polish I'll actually be using for the IG prompts.

Thanks for reading!


5 comments:

  1. Yellow is the most finicky colour of all time. But when it's right? It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to find my Holy grail of yellow, but this sure isn't it.

      Delete
  2. I've had this happening with a few China Glaze neons, too, which totally sucks. Let's hope you can find a better behaving yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so lucky to come across a polish quite early on in my addiction that is my holy grail of yellow. Barry M - LTD - Yellow, sadly it is no longer available and it makes me so sad. Since there might be a chance that I will use my 3 bottles up before another yellow polish is found...

    Thanks for posthing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that you posted a fail, keeps us real! I do hate those awful formulas, makes me want to hide the bottle somewhere so I never have to see it again. :)

    ReplyDelete